Monday, December 1, 2008

EXCITING PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

Daily Game Plan for Victory happily announces a new content sharing agreement with FasttrackScouting.com. Their site is a high school sports recruiting website offering athletes, parents and coaches videos, profiles, photos and more. Visit their sites, Company Website: http://www.fasttrackscouting.com/index.php
Recruitment Blog: http://www.fasttrackscouting.com/ftsblog/.

Below is an interview with Founder and CEO Erika Rossi-Raia. Erika has been the President of Fasttrack Scouting since its launch in 2003. With over 12 years of experience in professional sports she created Fasttrack Scouting to help bridge the comunication gap between athletes and coaches during the college recruitment process. She oversees all business, technology and marketing operations for Fasttrack Scouting, Inc.

Prior to Fasttrack Scouting, she was the Corporate Services Supervisor at RDV Sports responsible for the development and management of corporate sponsor contracts, special events, corporate marketing campaigns and sales materials for the Orlando Magic, Orlando Solar Bears, RDV Sportsplex and Orlando Miracle.

In addition to her work at RDV Sports, Erika has had the privilege of serving as a public relations consultant to NBA, WNBA and NFL athletes including Dominique Wilkins, Anthony Bowie, Darius Washington, Darrell Armstrong, Mike Miller, Robert Harris, Vince Carter and many others. Erika is originally from Evergreen Colorado and graduated in 1996 from Central Michigan University with a degree in English and Advertising. She currently resides in Central Florida with her husband, Vinny.

Tell me about your blog and the inspiration for it. FasttrackScouting.com is a high school sports recruitment website offering athletes and coaches live streaming video, videos on demand, recruitment tools, sports profiles, action photos and more. The FasttrackScouting.com/ftsblog features recruitment tips and articles for high school athletes and their parents to learn more about the recruitment process and how they can achieve their collegiate goals. I worked with professional athletes for a number of years and realized that the market was saturated with expensive recruitment services that were ineffective. I wanted to be able to provide professional tools for students from all economic backgrounds and athletic abilities using state of the art technology.

Why is it important to give young athletes this information? There is soo much information out there and most coaches and parents do not know the requirements and steps it takes to get recruited. Less than 5% of college bound athletes are actively recruited by college coaches. The other 95% have to self market themselves to get noticed. I also believe in the power of positive thinking. If your goal is to play at the college level then it is my job to show you how to do that.

What developed your passion for sports? I have 3 older brothers that eat, sleep and breathe sports. When my friends were watching cartoons I was watching football, basketball and baseball. I was not as athletically talented as my brothers but I did play JV basketball and was a Varsity cheerleader in high school.

Who or what from the world of sports inspires you?
I know how tough it is to play at the college and professional level. I have seen great players go unsigned or undrafted and I have seen average players rise to the top of the prospect list. In sports, anything is possible. There is nothing set in stone. Everything is constantly changing. I am inspired by athletes that hustle no matter what the score or point spread is. These are the athletes that don't act in anger when they are down but instead listen to their coach and encourage teammates to contribute and come up with a plan to do better the next time.

How are you able to apply lessons learned in sports to other areas of your life?
If you can learn how to motivate yourself, ask for help when you need it and work well with others you will be successful in whatever field you choose. I have overcome a number of challenges working in professional sports and starting my own business. Early in my career I was afraid to ask for help from my coworkers because I thought my employers would think I was not capable of doing my job. I learned very early on that not only could I accomplish a lot more by working with others but I had more fun being a part of a team.

No comments: